- A Little Sisterly Advice
- Cheeky Reads
- DRD aka Donna's Blog
- Gunner Marnee's Blog
- J.K. Coi: Living with Immortals
- Just Janga
- Killer Fiction
- Kimberly Killion
- Maggie Robinson
- Maureen O. Betita
- Megan Kelly
- Pam Clare
- Renee Lynn Scott
- Romance Bandits
- Romance Dish
- Scapegoat's Blogspot
- Smartass Romance
- Terri Osburn Writes Romance
- Tessa Dare
- Vauxhall Vixens
- 2013 (161)
- 2012 (206)
- 2011 (237)
- 2010 (325)
- 2009 (307)
- 2008 (254)
- 2007 (66)
That squealing sound you hear? That’s me, done with my revisions.
*pause for the accompanying clapping, whooping, and catcalling*
Thank you everyone. I couldn’t be happier. Well, I might have been happier if it turned out to be a little longer. I’m just shy of 90K, which was my target, but it was a good push. I’m not very wordy, a source of difficulty for the literarily inclined.
Now, I know I did a list of things I was going to do after I finished my first draft, so, well, I’m going to revisit that theme.
Things I’m going to do now that I’ve finished revisions (until someone tells me some part of it needs adjustment and I scurry back to it with the accompanying feelings of self-doubt and growing hatred towards this stupid MS) *pause while I catch a breath*
1) Avoid Microsoft Word – That’s right folks. For the next week at least, perhaps two, and maybe even until the calendars flip to 2009, I would like to avoid Microsoft Word for major things. Adjusting query letters, fine. Cutting and pasting at the request of agents/publishers, fine. But as a whole, I want to spend less time giving myself computer eye strain and more time with my family. I also figure any plotting/idea making, can be done in my journal wherever I am and requires limited face time with my laptop.
2) Reading – I haven’t read a historical in nearly a year, save for JQ’s two books. I think now that I’m done with mine (for the most part) I might be able to catch up on those.
3) Querying – yes yes, I’m not planning to go on a writing hiatus. Query wide, query far.
4) Housework – I have to scrub my carpets. I’ve been putting it off.
5) Entertaining – I love this time of the year and I love having people at my house. It’s festive, it’s fun. I love baking, I love visiting. I intend to splurge on all of the above.
6) Reintroducing myself to my husband – I’m not certain he recognizes me anymore. My first indication: he seemed to be searching my shirt yesterday for a nametag, trying to gage whether I was on the premises legally. It’s a sad state of affairs.
7) Play with trains/cars/etc – That’s the stuff my kid is digging now. I live to please him. He got these new cars for his birthday that you shake and the things go for like 20 feet. Amazing the things they come up with. Perhaps we’ll even watch us some Little Einsteins.
8. Seeing Twilight at least once. (Ok, I’m not as obsessed as our dearest Sin but I do want to see it).
9) Oh, and I have to send my entry into the Golden Heart.
So, how about you? What do you do in your down time? Any fabulous bake goods you just must share? Read anything I just have to pick up? Ever pondered why children’s toys make such god awful annoying music? Who does the marketing on that crap?